- Compulsory Paper 5 CSE Main Value and Ethics for Governance 2018
- Changing role of bureaucracy.
- Civil Society and Governance concept.
- Ethics as per Second Administrative Reforms Commission.
- Paper 5 Legal framework for fighting corruption.
- Emblems Act.
- Public Policy Analysis pptx 2018
- Sevottam_Guidelines_Sept_2011 from DARPG website
- Sevottam Brochure-CBDT
- Public Grievance Redress_Guidelines from DARPG website
- Government Processes Architecture Framework 2012. from DARPG website.
- New Work Culture in Government of India, December 2016
- Effective Presentation Skills pptx 2018.
- Politics of Service Delivery Reforms article
2. Attitude and Aptitude
- Role of Civil Services and competency
- Stress and its management 18.08.2018
- Paper 5 Aptitude and Attitude
- Equity concept and theory
- Thinkers and Beliefs
- Human Rights in Indian Tradition
Syllabus for this paper from U P S C Notification April 2016
PAPER-V General Studies- IV
Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude This paper will include questions to test the candidates’ attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society. Questions may utilise the case study approach to determine these aspects. The following broad areas will be covered.
- Ethics and Human Interface:
- Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions;
- dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
- Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators;
- role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
Aptitude and Attitude:
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service , integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration:
- Status and problems;
- ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions;
- laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance